Thursday, January 10, 2008

All Smiles



Yesterday was a good day for us. We were able to see the plastic surgeon. He said Tucker is healing nicely. He doesn't have to wear the bandages anymore. We will have to see if any scarring is going to occur but for now we are hopeful. I took some pictures this morning because everyone has been asking me what his legs look like. In the picture they look shiny because I had just put his lotion on them. We have to do that a few times a day now so his new skin won't dry out. His was also able to take a shower last night. I have been sponge bathing him for weeks now and it was really nice to just put him in the shower. He still can't take a bath but a shower is better than nothing. He is still walking a little slow like he has a hip out of place but with time that will get better as well. He even pulled his pants up this morning to show Mr. Jerry and Mrs. Shirley how good his legs look. That is an accomplishment of its own since for the last 3 weeks he has carried his blanket around and hasn't wanted anyone to see them.

6 comments:

Kari McCallon said...

aww. his legs so sad. but i'm sure it's a huge improvement of what they were. I'm glad he is smiling again.

mccabe44 said...

It is a huge improvement and hopefully over time the red will go away. I went and got him some little camo crocks this morning. that way he can wear shoe without them hurting his feet!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

poor baby! I can't believe how big he's gotten!

Are you feeling better?

Janelle said...

Oh! I'm so glad to hear that he is continuing to improve. I'm amazed at how great his legs and feet look. I envisioned a lot worse. I think over time it won't really be all that noticeable! What an answer to prayers! We love you guys! Just so thrilled that Tucky is getting better!

mccabe44 said...

It is really amazing. No one could have imagined how bad it was too look at them now! The doctor cant even believe how well and quick he has healed! We have been very blessed!

Brianne said...

Caryn I'm so excited to come see you tomorrow! I'm so glad that things are going so much better with Tucker...we'll get that roof fixed too. I know that prayers have really been a big part in his healing...Austin has reminded us to pray for Tucker every single night. See you soon.