This week has been very busy. Between extra kids, primary party, and we had to speak today. My talk was on Christlike Service. I was really nervous about it because I really didn't know how to go about this topic. This past year we have been able to give service and receive it. I didn't want to talk about what I have done because I don't feel I have done quite what I should nor did I want ppl to think that I was being self righteous. After much prayer and council from a friend I was filled with the spirit and I think it turned out ok. (At least if they could hear anything between the tears) I have been so hormonal lately and it doesn't take much for me to cry. Well earlier in the week I asked Hunter if he would sing "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" for me. I could tell he was a little uneasy so we sang together. I put him in front of the microphone and I just lightly sang to reassure him. So as you can guess that started the tears and then I talked about the trials we have gone through this year and how we have been serviced and blessed through them. I think the combo was wonderful. My parents really wanted to be here this weekend, but they are in Utah picking up my little sister as she Graduated from College this weekend as well. This morning Hunter and I practiced one more time and we videoed it so all can see. Hunter did such a great job and he was the highlight of the day!! Enjoy! I hope everyone felt the spirit today like we did.
13 years ago





5 comments:
Hunter you did so well! That was so good!
i love all the posts...the kids are sure growing...i can't wait until we get to come back and visit...
That is so very sweet! You have great singing voice, Hunter! :) Caryn, you look gorgeous - you skinny brat!
Your talk was great. You were deffinately led by the spirit to know what to say and share. There isn't anything quite like a child singing a primary song that bring the spirit into a room that strong. He so brave and my boys thought it was so neat. Your a good mom..it is evidenced in the lives of your children already. Thanks for your example of many things.
First of all - that picture is BEAUTIFUL! You should frame it and hang it on the wall! Secondly - the song brought tears to my eyes. Hunter, you are so grown up and you have a great singing voice! I love ya'll!!!
Post a Comment